UNITE WOMEN mobilizing to protest against “war on women”
The event is part of a coordinated effort by UNITE WOMEN, a new national grassroots women’s organization founded to push back against anti-woman legislation, policies and rhetoric:
- o A “Religious Freedom” hearing in Congress did not include women.
- o Since 2010 over 400 bills have been introduced in state houses and Congress that limit and deny contraception coverage and place unnecessary and in some cases humiliating requirements on women seeking abortions.
- o The Violence Against Women Act is stalled in the U.S. Senate over new provisions that include Native Americans and lesbians, gays, bisexual and transgender individuals under its coverage.
- o The Paycheck Fairness Act has been blocked by extremists in Congress.
- o Wisconsin Governor, Scott Walker recently eliminated that state’s equal pay law.
“These are just a few of the anti-woman actions taking place in statehouses and Congress,” said Janice Rael, of Delaware Valley Americans United for Separation of Church and State and co-administrator with Patt Reid- New Jersey chapter, Unite Against the War on Women.
Email DVAU Vice-President Janice Rael at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 856-881-1816 for more information.