Americans United for Separation of Church and State urged Congress to stop squandering time on meaningless issues like this and move on to more important matters.
“The American people want action on jobs and the economy, yet this Congress continues to waste time pandering to the Religious Right,” said the Rev. Barry W. Lynn, executive director of Americans United. “This meaningless, purely symbolic vote won’t create one job, help one family struggling to pay its mortgage or rebuild one piece of infrastructure.”
Added Lynn, “I think we know by now that this Congress likes God. Can we move on?”
You are here: Home / Americans United Blasts Congress For Wasting Time On ‘In God We Trust’ Resolution | Americans United
DVAU Events Calendar on Meetup – Join today to RSVP
Join DVAU’s Email List!
Like DVAU on Facebook!
Follow DVAU on Twitter!
- Separation Anxiety: AU event December 6, 2017, Philadelphia PA
- Mission of Peace?
- Americans United supports March for Science and People’s Climate March 2017
- President’s Post: Why I Support the March for Science Philadelphia (April 22, 2017)
- DVAU/FS: Invoking Greece vs Galloway: Panel Discussion, April 6, 2017, 7pm, Philadelphia PA
- Plaintiff: Why We’re Seeking Equal Treatment For Non-Theistic Invocations In The Pennsylvania House Of Representatives
- Voices United House Concert in Elkins Park, PA w/Catie Curtis and Lisa Bouchelle, 1/13/17, 7-10pm
- Americans United and American Atheists Sue Pennsylvania House Of Representatives Over Its Invocation Policy
- Ed Barocas, ACLU-NJ: Freedom of Religion & Freedom from Religion: Current Issues, Nov 14 2016, Camden County College, Blackwood NJ
- Farhat Biviji: Islam and Separation of Church and State, Nov 13 2016, Elkins Park PA, Melrose B’nai Israel Emanu-El